Your car is likely one of your most significant investments, and you want it to last as long as possible. The key to keeping your car looking and driving like new is regular maintenance and care. Weather and especially heat and dust in Scottsdale, Arizona and the surrounding area can be hard on a vehicle. Plus, normal wear and tear can at first seem minor, but after months of neglect can become an issue that is difficult to remedy. In this post, we will explore seven ways to help you keep your car in top condition.
7 Ways to Keep Your Car Looking and Driving Like New in Scottsdale
It’s easy to neglect your automobile when you’re busy, but doing so can lead to costly repairs and cleanings in the future. Consistent maintenance keeps fixes reasonable and quick. Here are seven things you should be doing for your car to keep it in top condition.
- Keep your wheels clean. Many people think cleaning the car’s wheels is just for neat freaks. But there’s a secret behind poorly maintained wheels that could cost you a lot down the road. Cleaning your wheels prevents brake dust build-up. This build-up can prematurely wear out brakes and will also etch the clear coat on the wheels if not cleaned often.
- Protect tires against dry rot. In Scottsdale, our sun is tough on everything—plastic, skin, plants, and tires. Keeping the tires clean and shined helps prevent them from dry rotting/cracking. Tire replacement is part of owning a vehicle, but you don’t want to replace your tires before you’ve gotten a good life out of them. Ensuring they are cleaned and protected regularly will help you get more life out of your tires.
- Clean windows. Dust is a major part of desert living, and you know how it can impede views. Keeping the exterior windows of your car clean improves visibility and safety.
- Wash the car’s exterior. Again, many people assume a clean car is about vanity, and they simply don’t have time to keep it looking its best. But when you allow a car to go weeks or months without washing, you’re endangering the clear coat surface, which protects your car’s finish and leaves it looking great. Keeping the paint clean and protected prevents clear coat failure, which leads to fading, peeling, and dullness. These things prematurely age a car. They are not only ugly, but will also impact your ability to get top dollar out of your car even if it runs perfectly.
- Treat stains on the car’s seats immediately. Life gets busy. It’s easy to leave a stain expecting to get to it “later.” But sometimes “later” is a lot later than you anticipated. Just like with your laundry, the stain sets and becomes difficult—if not impossible—to remove it. Getting the carpeting/cloth seats cleaned often prevents stains from becoming permanent and will keep your car’s interior looking better for longer. Plus…
- Stay fresh. Most of us spend a lot of time in our cars. We might eat in them, take Rover for a ride, and chauffeur sweaty kids around. None of those things contribute to a clean, fresh-smelling interior. You might become so accustomed to the smells in your car that you become “nose blind” to them and they no longer register. Getting the interior cleaned, along with vehicle carpet cleaning, helps prevent bad odors from lingering and kills germs. It also keeps the interior fresh and safe for all—especially those with sensitivities and allergies.
- Prevent fade. Another thing that makes your vehicle look prematurely old and reduces its value is fading. The Arizona sun is notorious for that, but we don’t have to accept it as inevitable. You can—and should—protect your car. Ceramic coating on your headlights and dark plastic trim can prevent them from fading, keeping your car looking newer longer.
Basic maintenance doesn’t take much more than time, but we understand not everyone has that on their side. Don’t make your car pay the price for your busy schedule. Protect your vehicle with clear coat, detailing, carpet cleaning, and ceramic coating services. It’s not a luxury. It’s maintenance that keeps your car looking and running great, so you can better enjoy it.
At Signature Auto Detailing, we can take care of your exterior and interior car detailing needs, making sure your car remains a thing of beauty. This small investment and upkeep now can help ensure you get top value when you look to sell it or trade it in later on.